- A Virtus Workshop will be held here at Holy Family on
Monday, September 30. This workshop is a requirement for
those interested in volunteering with youth. Space is limited to
50 seats and this workshop is open to the entire Archdiocese.
- Knights of Columbus Annual Golf Tournament -
The Fr. Kidd Council will have their 5th Annual
Golf Tournament on October 12 at the Patuxent
Green Golf Club, 14415 Greenview Drive, Laurel.
Forms are in the back of church and can be mailed to Jimmy
Cardano at 7912 Orchard Park Way, Bowie, MD 20715. Make checks payable to K of C Father Michael C. Kidd
Council #14455. Contact: Jimmy Cardano at 301-352-5126.
- Soccer Shoot Out 2013 - The Knights of Columbus is
sponsoring the Youth Soccer Shoot-Out…Kick…& Throw,
scheduled for October 6 at St. Edwards the Confessor Parish
soccer field in Bowie, MD from 2:00 to 4:00 PM in conjunction
with their Parish fun day. All boys and girls ages 6 and under,
7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14 are invited to participate. This event is
sponsored by Father Michael C. Kidd Council. All contestants
at the local level will be recognized for their participation in
this event and will receive a FREE T-Shirt. All participants
should meet at St Edwards Church on October 6 no later than
1:00 PM to fill out the registration forms and permission slips.
For more information contact Barry Hickey at 301-333-9249.
- Halloween Party - It will soon be time for our
Annual Halloween Party, which will take place
on Saturday, October 26. Look for tickets to go
on sale beginning October 5 after each mass.
- Catechesis 101 will be hosted here at Holy Family on Thursday
evenings beginning September 12 and concluding on October
17. This new Faith Foundations course is part of the
certification process for those adults that would like to serve in
the ministry of catechesis. To register or to get more
information, please contact Mrs. Rozanski at 301-249-1167.
- Parish Bible Study – Come join us on Thursday evenings in the rectory as we break open the Word and encounter the Lord. Father Joe will be the moderator of the
group and we will meet from 7:00 to 8:00 pm. You can bring your own Bible or borrow one from the parish. There is no cost to join. If you are interested, please call the rectory at 301-249-2266 or email Father Joe at email@example.com.
- Workshop for Lectors - Both beginning and experienced
lectors are welcome to this workshop, which will explore the
Catholic Biblical tradition and the arrangement of the
Lectionary. It will also cover practical aspects for being an
effective proclaimer of the Word in a parish setting. Preregistration
required. To register, contact the rectory. Be sure
to include your name and telephone number. Each workshop
goes from 9 AM - 12:00 Noon.
- October 5: St. Hugh of Grenoble (135 Crescent Rd.,
Greenbelt, MD 20770)
- December 14: Archdiocesan Pastoral Center (5001
Eastern Ave., Hyattsville, MD 20782)
- RCIA Classes - RCIA has started! Flyers are in the back of the church
for those interested in learning more about what we believe as
Catholics and those who may already be a Catholic, but would
like to renew their understanding of church teachings. All
books and materials are provided for free. Sessions meet each
Tuesday evening from 7-8:00 PM. The journey began on
August 27. Please contact Fr. Joe at 301-249-2266 or Pam
Rozanski at 301-249-1167 for more information or to register.
- Faith Foundations - Adult Faith Formation available both
online and in-parish. Faith Foundations effectively teaches the
faith to adults so they can live it with greater confidence and
share it with others as part of the New Evangelization. These
five courses also provide the theological content necessary for catechists to teach the faith to others. Faith Foundations draws
upon and correlates to the current certification courses: Creed,
Sacraments, Christian Morality, Prayer and Scripture.
Approximately 50 hours are needed to complete all five
theological content courses. For more information visit www.mycatholicfaithdelivered.com or call Mrs. Rozanski at
- Religious Education Meeting Dates/Times – SPRED/PREP Classes Began on September 8th. In almost all months, our sessions meet on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Wednesdays or Sundays (depending on whether your child is in the HSPREP or SPRED/PREP programs.) Please call Mrs. Rozanski at 301-249-1167 for more information about registration and class details.
- YG Corn Maze Trip – Plans are underway to attend a
Friday/Saturday evening flash light trip to the Corn Maze at
Montpelier Farms in Upper Marlboro. Chaperones will be
needed for this event. If you would like to volunteer, please
contact Mrs. Rozanski at 301-2149-1167 or by email at
- Altar Server Schedules were mailed to parish youth. The schedule is also
posted to our website on the Ministry page. All youth
ministers (Altar Servers, Readers and Ushers) are asked to
review their plans and let Mr. Obi know of any
scheduling conflicts. You can send him emails at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Group Meetings –will be held once-a-month,
the 4th Wednesday from 6:30–8:00 PM.